Betting is an essential part of the game of Roulette, and there are two basic categories of Roulette bets. These categories are based on the betting area;
In all, there are 11 different kinds of bets in Roulette, all of which come under these two categories of Roulette bets. In this article we will take a look at these different kinds of inside and outside bets.
Inside Roulette Bets
In all, there are six different kinds of inside Roulette bets;
- The straight up Roulette bet. This is a bet on just one number, and has a payout of 35 to 1. To place a straight up Roulette bet, you would position the chip at the center of the numbered box.
- The split bet. You can make this Roulette bet on two adjoining numbers. The payout for a split Roulette bet is half the payout for a straight bet, at 17 -1. For the split bet, you place the chips on the border between the two adjoining numbers.
- The street bet (covers three numbers on one horizontal line)
- The corner or square bet (covers four numbers that combine to form a square layout)
- 5. The six line bet (covers numbers in two rows one below the other),
- 6. The trio bet (which covers the point of intersection between three numbers – either 0, 1, and 2 or 00, 2, and 3).
You must understand that for inside Roulette bets, high payouts means tougher odds of winning.
Outside Roulette Bets
In the case of outside Roulette bets, the payouts may be lesser than in inside Roulette bets, but the odds are definitely much higher. These are the outside betting types;
- The first of the outside Roulette bets is the 1 to 18. This bet covers, as the name suggests, numbers between 1 and 18, also called the low 18 numbers.
- The 19-36 outside Roulette bet covers the numbers between 19 and 36.
- the Red or Black,
- Even or Odd,
- Dozen bets, The dozen Roulette bet covers the numbers in batches of 12 – the first 12 (1-12), the second 12 (13-24), and the third 12 (25-36).
- Column bets. The column bet in Roulette covers all the 12 numbers in a column.